It'll be here before you know it!
See some of our incredible images and video from the 2016 Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival.
Photos courtesy of Dr. David Adler and Eric Bern.
Atlanta Kosher BBQ Committee Charter:
Identify and perform the tasks required to:
- Coordinate, Stage and Enjoy the Fifth Annual Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival.
- Foster brotherhood amongst the competitors.
- Cook great BBQ.
- Provide an inviting festival showcasing Kosher food and family friendly activities.
- Raise funds for charitable organizations and causes.
The Hebrew Order of David International
(H.O.D.) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- H.O.D. is a forum for an ever-growing number of Jewish adult males, operating as a cohesive fraternal unit
- Supporting its members, and serving the community
- Applying Jewish ideals and values while providing its members the opportunity for personal development.
- The Hebrew Order of David International raises fund and distributes aid in the pursuit of relieving suffering wherever possible.
It truly is simple:
Create a community festival centered around the Kosher BBQ competition.
- Raise the level of visibility of HOD
- Raise funds for select charitable causes
- Showcase Kosher Atlanta
- Provide a fun venue for friendly competition within the Kosher BBQ community
The Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival
The Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival is part of the National Kosher BBQ Circuit. Cities included in this Kosher BBQ Circuit: Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL, Kansas City, MO, Memphis, TN, Charleston, SC, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, San Antonio, TX, Dallas, TX, Fairfield, CT and Plainview, NY (Long Island).
The Kosher BBQ Competition
All the BBQ Teams are supplied with Kosher Grills, Meat, Tools and ingredients which are checked and approved by the Event Kosher Supervisor (a “Mashgiach”).
Everyone starts out on a level playing field and brings their unique BBQ skills and recipes to cook outstanding Kosher BBQ. Then it is up to the judges and public to decide the winners.
Order your AKC Kosher High Holiday Brisket from Keith’s Corner BBQ NOW!!!!
Cost: $30lb. Your Brisket will be cooked, sliced, and packaged for your convenience.
Final orders must be placed by Friday, Sept 15
How can you help us put on an even better event on October 22nd, 2017?
There are many ways for you to get involved with making the Fifth Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival even more successful than last year.
Here are just a few ways you can help
- Like Us on Facebook
- Send your photos to info@HODShimshon.org
- Become Part of a BBQ Team
- Sponsor a BBQ Team
- Volunteer to Help
- Donate Funds or In Kind Products or Services
- Like us on Facebook – oops did I repeat myself???
- Become a Vendor Selling or Demonstrating Your Products or Services
- Patronize our Sponsors
- Enjoy Our Food, Activities and Music
- Tell Your Friends About the Great Time and Awesome Food You Experienced
- And Finally… Like us on Facebook
Brook Run Park
Sunday, October 22, 2017 from 11am – 3:30pm
Pavillion @ Brook Run Park in Dunwoody, GA 30338
The Hebrew Order of David International.