This year’s Festival would not have been possible without our volunteers led by the AKBF Planning Team:
Thank you for all of your efforts to make this Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival an amazing event for the community!
Congratulations to Shiksa Q & Stu GRAND CHAMPIONS FOR 2017
Michael Morris – Goodfriend Mench of Meat Award Winner
Chick Oy Veh – Marvin Rembo Peoples Choice Award Winners
Check out the results from this year’s Festival
Atlanta Kosher BBQ Committee Charter:
Identify and perform the tasks required to:
- Coordinate, Stage and Enjoy the Fifth Annual Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival.
- Foster brotherhood amongst the competitors.
- Cook great BBQ.
- Provide an inviting festival showcasing Kosher food and family friendly activities.
- Raise funds for charitable organizations and causes.
The Hebrew Order of David International
(H.O.D.) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- H.O.D. is a forum for an ever-growing number of Jewish adult males, operating as a cohesive fraternal unit
- Supporting its members, and serving the community
- Applying Jewish ideals and values while providing its members the opportunity for personal development.
- The Hebrew Order of David International raises fund and distributes aid in the pursuit of relieving suffering wherever possible.
It truly is simple:
Create a community festival centered around the Kosher BBQ competition.
- Raise the level of visibility of HOD
- Raise funds for select charitable causes
- Showcase Kosher Atlanta
- Provide a fun venue for friendly competition within the Kosher BBQ community
The Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival
The Atlanta Kosher BBQ Festival is part of the National Kosher BBQ Circuit. Cities included in this Kosher BBQ Circuit: Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL, Kansas City, MO, Memphis, TN, Charleston, SC, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, San Antonio, TX, Dallas, TX, Fairfield, CT and Plainview, NY (Long Island).
The Kosher BBQ Competition
All the BBQ Teams are supplied with Kosher Grills, Meat, Tools and ingredients which are checked and approved by the Event Kosher Supervisor (a “Mashgiach”).
Everyone starts out on a level playing field and brings their unique BBQ skills and recipes to cook outstanding Kosher BBQ. Then it is up to the judges and public to decide the winners.
Congratulations to the Cobb County PD Blue Crew BBQ Team. This year’s winners of the Servicemen’s Cup
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR 2017 VENDORS!
THE 2017 COMPETING TEAMS
IN OUR KOSHER BBQ COMPETITION ARE….
Thin Blue Line of Smoke
DCFR Smoke Showing BBQ
Oseh Shalow ‘n Slow
Meat The Press
Rest In Meat
The Meat Locker
Smokey and the Brisket
Blue Crew BBQ
Shiksa Q and Stu
The Masterful Menches of Meat
Cooks of Ruth
We don’t give a Ham!
8th Day Prime Cut
Brook Run Park
Sunday, October 21, 2018 from 11am – 3:30pm
Pavillion @ Brook Run Park in Dunwoody, GA 30338
4770 N Peachtree Rd, Dunwoody, GA 30338
The Hebrew Order of David International.